Strange (But Useful) Human Tricks
Put pressure near the spot that’s about to get the needle and you’ll feel it less. Just make a circle with your thumb and forefinger and push down a few seconds before the shot. This technique overrides nearby nerves, making the shot feel more like a gentle poke.
Nothing can be more aggravating than nonstop hiccups. Fortunately, your body has a built-in remedy: Take your deepest breath and hold for 10 seconds. And then, without exhaling, breathe in more air and hold for another 5 seconds. Then, one more time, breathe in as much air as you can, hold for 5 seconds, and breath out—hopefully without any more hiccups.
If you’re feeling anxious and can feel your heart racing, call your thumb into action. By blowing on your thumb, you can get your heart rate back to normal.
Throat Tickle Cure
To relieve that constant feeling in the back of your throat, tickle something else…your ear. Touching the area around your ear creates a reflex in the throat that eases the annoyance.
Stuffed Nose Cleared
Your body has a natural mechanism to unclog your nose. Just push your tongue against the roof of your mouth, then press between your eyebrows with a finger. Keep it up for about 20 seconds and your sinuses will start to drain
- The Best Body Hacks You Should Know About (lifehack.org)
- 15 Spectacular Health Tricks for Your Body !!!! (cyberafrica.wordpress.com)
- ~18 Health Tricks to Teach Your Body~ (jericho777.wordpress.com)
- Chronic Throat Clearing Damages Your Vocal Cords: What are the Culprits? (medicaldaily.com)
- Persistent Case of Hiccups May Be Treated with a Big Hug (counselheal.com)