HOUSING DISCRIMINATION TESTERS
Earn Extra Cash!
Attend Project Sentinel’s Tester Trainings
Call for info about our upcoming tester training. Trainings held regularly. This position is on-call and testers are given a stipend for their efforts.
Call (888) F-A-I-R-H-O-U-s-i-n-g
Housing Discrimination Tester
Project Sentinel is a non-profit agency that investigates allegations of housing discrimination. Project Sentinel’s primary method of fair housing investigation is testing, which involves sending individuals (testers) posing as prospective tenants to the site where discrimination is alleged.
Testers play a vital role in assuring equal housing opportunities for all persons regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, source of income, familial status and disability.
People of all profiles and backgrounds are encouraged to participate.
Definition of Fair Housing Testing
Fair housing testing is a controlled method to determine differential treatment in the quality, content and quantity of information and services given to home seekers by real estate agents, leasing agents, property managers and owners.
A test is an authentic simulation of a housing transaction used to compare the treatment of one home seeker to another to determine if there are violations of fair housing laws. The technique of testing involves the pairing of individuals, similar in relevant respects except for the variable being tested (e.g., race, familial status, disability.)
After the conclusion of the contact or visit, the experiences of the two or more testers are compared to determine whether the alleged discrimination against the complainant exists.
Able to work on an “on call” basis
Ability to get to the site
Ability to complete the tester report forms in a thorough and timely manner
Complete the fair housing tester training
Conduct the assigned test
Complete and return the tester report form in a timely manner
Stipend paid to testers for:
Project Sentinel pays tester for mileage
- Fair Housing of Marin Pursues and Settles Systemic Race Discrimination Complaints (oblogdeeoblogda.me)
- San Diego adds teeth to fair-housing program (utsandiego.com)
- HUD Launches First Fair Housing App (realtygoddess.wordpress.com)
- Fair housing meetings set for Thursday (vindy.com)
- Housing Fairness May Be Tossed by Supreme Court (theroot.com)
- Audit: Blacks, Latinos Still Likely to Face Housing Bias in Whitest Parts of Westchester (propublica.org)
- HUD Launches First Fair Housing App (pinkbananaworld.com)